Lawrence E. Martin
405 E Lincoln Ave
Please be advised that sending an email to us does not establish an attorney-client relationship. We do not represent you until we communicate to you that we are willing to represent you.
Larry Martin has been practicing law since 1989. His professional experience is in agricultural, business, corporate, real estate, and environmental matters. He also has worked with various irrigation districts, companies, and private entities on every aspect of issues related to water. He is regarded as one of the leading water and environmental attorneys in Washington. Mr. Martin has been recognized with an “AV Preeminent” rating by Martindale Hubbell, the highest peer review rating available. He has also served on the firm’s Executive Committee for many years.
- Mr. Martin serves as general counsel to various business and corporations throughout Central and Eastern Washington. Representation focuses on all aspects of corporate governance including entity formation, acquisitions, sales, transactions, employee issues, and contracts, and board issues. He has unique experience in agricultural cooperatives and issues related to Capper Volstead and antitrust. His representation of corporations has included assistance in business disputes in numerous locales.
- Mr. Martin has extensive experience in representation of water related entities. He serves as counsel for numerous irrigation districts, water companies, municipalities, and private individuals in Washington and Oregon. His significant experience includes water rights adjudications, assessment and transfer of water rights, and in literally every aspect of water law. This experience includes representation before the Acquavella adjudication court, the Washington State Supreme Court, and the Pollution Control Hearings Board. His water and environmental representation has included Clean Water Act and Clean Air Act permits and enforcement; administrative and judicial hearings; hazardous substances; wetlands; critical areas; and water sales, acquisitions, and transfers. Currently he is on the Board of Directors for the Washington State Water Resources Association and the National Water Resources Association where he serves as Vice-Chair of the Regulatory Committee and on the Litigation Committee.
Publications and Presentations:
- Contributing Editor, Digest of Water Resources Decisions, Pollution Control Hearings Board (2002)
- Testimony before House Natural Resources Subcommittee on Water and Power: New Federal Schemes to Soak Up Water Authority: Impacts on States, Water Users, Recreation, and Jobs (2014)
- Environmental and Land Use Law Midyear Seminar, Skamania Lodge, Washington (2001)
- Business Law Section Midyear Meeting - Agricultural Law, Yakima, Washington (2002)
- Washington Water Law Conference, Seattle, Washington (2004)
- National Water Resources Association Annual Meeting, Honolulu, Hawaii (2005)
- Northwest Irrigation Operators Annual Conference, Boise, Idaho (2006)
- NWRA Summer Conference, California (2007)
- NIO Conference, Boise, Idaho (2010)
- Due Diligence in Real Estate Transactions; WSWRA Annual Conference, Spokane, Washington
- Easement Encroachments (2010)
- Due Diligence in Real Estate Transactions; WSWRA Annual Conference, Spokane, Washington (2012)
- Water Law in Washington, Seattle, Washington (2015)
Areas of Practice
Washington State University, B.A., 1981
Univ. of Puget Sound Law School, J.D., 1989
- cum laude
Admitted to Practice
Federal Trial Courts:
- U.S. Dist. Court Eastern District of WA
- U.S. Dist. Court Western District of WA