Linda A. Sellers
405 E Lincoln Ave
Please be advised that sending an email to us does not establish an attorney-client relationship. We do not represent you until we communicate to you that we are willing to represent you.
Linda Sellers has been practicing law for over 24 years. Her professional experience includes extensive experience in probate, estate planning, trust and estate litigation, corporate law, banking and agricultural law. Her practice also includes advising fiduciaries in their duties and trust and estate litigation in order to resolve family conflicts that arise after death.
Ms. Sellers served for over nine years as a Judge Pro Tempore in the Yakima County District Court, giving her an inside perspective on what it takes to successfully present a matter in court.
- Garcia v. Henley; Washington State Supreme court upheld a landowner’s right to eject a trespassing structure from their land in a decision that affirms the importance of a landowner’s fundamental right to retain, control and possess his or her own private property.
- Mearns v. Scharbach; Linda represented a deceased father's children in upholding application of RCW 11.07.010 which revokes beneficiary designations upon dissolution of marriage against a former wife's claim to insurance proceeds.
- Gonzales v. Cowen; In a case of first impression, Linda successfully argued that an alleged father must support his child and otherwise take steps to establish paternity before the death of a child in order to receive a monetary share of the deceased child's estate.
Professional and Community Involvement:
- YWCA of Yakima Board of Directors President
- YWCA of Yakima Board of Directors Treasurer (2014-2016)
- Yakima Symphony Orchestra Board of Directors representing Yakima Youth Symphony Orchestra (2014-2015)
- Yakima Valley Visitors and Convention Bureau Board of Directors (2007-2012)
- Yakima Estate Planning Council (President 2007-2008)
- St. Joseph-Marquette School Parent Board (2002-2003)
- Soroptimist International of Yakima (President 1994-1995)
- Girl Scouts Mid Columbia Council (1996-1998)
- Graduate Greater Yakima Chamber of Commerce Leadership Yakima program (1997)
- Yakima County Bar Association (Treasurer, Executive Committee Member 1991-1992)
- Washington State Bar Association Young Lawyers Division, Long Range Planning Committee (1990-1991)
Publications and Presentations:
- Washington Education Association Pre-Retirement Seminars 2013-2014
- Center for Latino Famers 2014 Estate Planning Presentations
- Estate Planning; Washington Education Association Pre-Retirement Seminars 2007-2012 “Wills and Trusts”
- Yakima Association of Family and Consumer Science 2011 Basics of Estate Planning
- Soroptomist International of Yakima 2003 and Kids Count past contributing writer (articles on estate planning for parents)
Areas of Practice
Employee Benefits - Pension, Health & Individual
Pitzer College, Claremont, CA, 1980-82
School for International Studies, London, England, 1981
University of Washington, B.A., 1985
- Economics, Political Science
University of Washington, J.D., 1988
- Order of the Coif
Admitted to Practice
Federal Trial Courts
- U.S. Dist. Court Eastern District of WA
- U.S. Dist. Court Western District of WA
Federal Appeals Court
Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals