Mark E. Fickes
405 E Lincoln Ave
Please be advised that sending an email to us does not establish an attorney-client relationship. We do not represent you until we communicate to you that we are willing to represent you.
Mark Fickes has been practicing law since 1987. His professional experience is in commercial, agricultural, and residential real estate transactions, development, and finance. He works with property owners (buyers, sellers and their agents) to acquire, sell, lease and develop real estate throughout Central and Eastern Washington. He also is experienced in the formation and management of business entities used to own and operate commercial and agricultural real estate. Mr. Fickes regularly counsels individual, business and agribusiness clients on asset acquisitions, commercial law issues, and transactional and property tax questions.
- Successful negotiation, documentation and coordination of complex commercial real estate transactions, including large and small retail centers, multi-family, and mixed-use development (residential, recreational, commercial) in Central Washington.
- Representation of landlords and tenants in commercial, residential and agricultural leasing, including many significant build-to-suit transactions.
- Successfully obtaining permits for property owners and developers from land use authorities in Central Washington, including applications for rezones, sub-area plans, plats, conditional use permits and related issues.
- Negotiation/resolution of environmental compliance issues for agricultural and commercial clients, under state and federal law, including those involving due diligence and cleanup, consent decrees, administrative orders, and regulatory compliance.
Publications and Presentations:
- Editor, Washington Real Property Desk Book, chapters on lateral support, crops, waste and lender environmental liability
- Speaker/Presenter, environmental issues involving agricultural real estate
- Speaker/Presenter, commercial & residential leasing
Areas of Practice
Washington State University, B.A., 1984
Willamette University College of Law, J.D., 1987
- cum laude
Admitted to Practice
Federal Trial Courts:
- U.S. Dist. Court Eastern District of WA
- U.S. Dist. Court Western District of WA
Federal Appeals Courts:
- Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals
- United States Supreme Court