Michael F. Shinn
405 E. Lincoln Ave.
Please be advised that sending an email to us does not establish an attorney-client relationship. We do not represent you until we communicate to you that we are willing to represent you.
Mike Shinn has been practicing law since 1984. His practice focuses on real estate, land use planning and permitting, business counseling and estate planning/probate. He has represented local and regional businesses, title companies, property owners and developers, as well as the local multiple listing service and the Yakima Association of Realtors®.
- Successful land use planning, negotiation and litigation for property owners and developers. Representation has included master planning for a hospital and medical campus - largest comprehensive plan and rezone in Yakima County history.
- Extensive experience regarding plats, conditional use permits and land use petition act appeals.
- Representation of title companies and title company insureds regarding liens, encumbrances, and interests affecting title.
- Representation of commercial, residential, and agricultural clients on real estate and business planning matters.
- Estate and trust planning and drafting.
Publications and Presentations:
- Presenter, Yakima Association of Realtors® Multiple Listing Service meetings.
- Presenter Washington State Community Airport Association, Airport Land Use Compatibility.
Areas of Practice
Title Insurance & Related Litigation
Willamette University, B.S., 1981
- cum laude
Willamette College of Law, J.D., 1984
- High Paper Award, Corporate Tax, 1984
Admitted to Practice
Federal Trial Courts
- U.S. Dist. Court Eastern District of WA
- U.S. Dist. Court Western District of WA
- Yakama Nation Tribal Courts