Employee Benefits - Pension, Health & Individual
The laws governing employee benefits have grown in complexity and there has been a rise in benefit-based litigation. These trends will continue with employers facing constantly-changing, highly technical and expensive laws and obligations.
Halverson Northwest has a long history of advising employers with regard to employee benefits. We have experience in the following areas.
- Pension counseling including plan form, structure and benefits. Planning advice as related to defined benefit plans, defined contribution plans and Section 401(k) plans.
- Plan administration, reporting and disclosure, and addressing IRS and DOL compliance issues
- Fiduciary counseling including employers, plan trustees and other fiduciary responsibilities with respect to matters such as prohibited transactions, unrelated business income, mergers and transfers of plan assets, plan termination and multi-employer plan issues, including withdrawal liability
- Health and welfare plans including group health and flexible benefit (cafeteria) plans, plan administration including compliance with ERISA, COBRA, HIPAA and Health Care Reform rules. Our attorneys have also reviewed plan design and associated documents (including summary plan descriptions).
- Executive compensation including both incentive and nonstatutory (nonqualified) stock options, nonqualified deferred compensation, and severance plans