Estate & Trust Litigation
Estate and trust litigation involves a myriad of issues, including family businesses, bankruptcy, fiduciary duties, tax law, real estate, and creditors rights. Effectively resolving complex trust and estate disputes requires a clear understanding of the substantive issues that have relevance, as well as strategic judgment, procedural and evidentiary expertise, and case trial experience.
At Halverson Northwest, our comprehensive Estate and Trust litigators are deeply knowledgeable in virtually every aspect of estate and business succession planning, estate taxation, administration, probate, guardianships and more.
We represent trustees, guardians, conservators, personal representatives, beneficiaries, heirs, and other interested parties in a wide variety of disputes.
We have successfully litigated claims involving:
- Breach of fiduciary duty for or against fiduciaries and their agents
- Removal of fiduciaries
- Will and trust interpretation, construction, reformation and contests
- Charitable gifts and exempt organization litigation
- The prudent investor rule
- Attorney and fiduciary fee disputes
- Disputed claims for and against estates and trusts
- Lack of mental capacity
- Fraud, duress and undue influence
- Spousal rights and elective share proceedings
- Determination of, and challenges to, heirs
- Probate, trust, and estate disputes
- Actions or citations to recover assets