James S. Elliott
405 E Lincoln Ave
Please be advised that sending an email to us does not establish an attorney-client relationship. We do not represent you until we communicate to you that we are willing to represent you.
James Elliott has been practicing law since 1998. He has significant experience in a wide range of civil litigation, including employment, agriculture and contract disputes. His litigation experience includes practice before both state and federal courts at both the trial and appellate levels. He also works with employers on employment issues including union negotiations and preventive measures for employment disputes.
Mr. Elliott has been named a “Rising Star” by Washington Law & Politics. He also has been active in community organizations and served as Board President for People for People. He has coached youth soccer through the Yakima Youth Soccer Association.
Representative Trial Experience:
- Borton v. Novazone - Eastern District of Washington, Cause No. 08-3016-RHW; Successfully tried case for Plaintiff regarding damage caused to apples stored in controlled atmosphere resulting in jury verdict of $770,000.
- Kiley-Gibson v. Fred Meyer – Pierce County Superior Court, Cause No. 07-2-14634-9; Successfully tried case for Defendant regarding allegations of assault, false imprisonment, and civil rights violations resulting in defense verdict from the jury.
- Metropolitan Life Ins. Co. v. Cline, et. al – United States Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit Cause No. 07-36031; Successfully argued ERISA claim before the Ninth Circuit.
- Monson v. MSI – Yakima County Superior Court, Cause No. 01-2-01812-3; Successfully tried case for Plaintiff regarding damage caused to apples and dispute over litigation coverage resulting in jury verdict of $866,000.
Areas of Practice
Washington State University, B.A., 1995
- cum laude
Gonzaga University School of Law, J.D., 1998
- magna cum laude
Admitted to Practice
Federal Trial Courts:
- U.S. Dist. Court Eastern District of WA
- U.S. Dist. Court Western District of WA
- U.S. Federal Court of Claims
Federal Appeals Courts:
- Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals