Administrative & Regulatory Proceedings
Most government bodies—federal, state, or local—have their own regulations, procedures, and practices. Administrative law focuses on interactions between the public sector and private sector; including government regulation, legislation, rulemaking, and administrative processes.
We believe understanding and consistent application of principles of administrative law are critical to effectively representing clients in either the public or private sector.
At Halverson Northwest, our attorneys have extensive experience in administrative matters including:
- Review and planning with respect to permit applications
- Administrative hearings and quasi-judicial processes
- Contested administrative enforcement actions and proceedings
- Public records requests, responses and litigation
- Constitutional challenges to regulations, exactions and permit requirements
- Condemnation and eminent domain negotiations, proceedings and litigation
- Legislative planning and hearing processes
Our attorneys provide legal services primarily to businesses and corporations caught in the complex interplay of government rules, regulations, procedures and enforcement pertaining to areas such as environment, water, land use and taxation (federal, state and local). Our attorneys also advise government in matters of administrative processes and enforcement, hearings and procedures, and municipal agency authority.