Business Formation & Planning
Halverson Northwest attorneys focus their practices on how to form businesses and document and plan transactions all over the Pacific Northwest. Owners and businesses face many challenges with respect to entity formation and operations. We believe those choices are influenced not only by tax and legal considerations, but also the nature of the business and industry.
Proper business planning requires a comprehensive approach that mandates an understanding of the broad range of issues affecting our region’s businesses.
The professional experience of our business attorneys covers a wide variety of legal areas and industries. We have provided counseling and guidance in virtually every area including the following:
- Advice and implementation of business entity formation including corporations, partnerships, limited liability companies, joint ventures and sole proprietorships.
- Federal and state taxation of corporations, partnerships, limited liability companies, joint ventures and sole proprietorships.
- Secured and unsecured loans, representing borrowers and lenders, including acquisition, development, construction, bridge and permanent loan transactions, multi-parcel transactions, cross-collateral transactions, operating loans and lines of credit, and seller -financed transactions.
- Real estate acquisition and sale, together with real estate development, leasing (retail, office and industrial), and related permitting and compliance.
- Business franchising and product service distribution, including related agreements.
- Corporate and entity governance including owner/management authority, board actions and determinations, and shareholder relationships.