Halverson Northwest is one of the few experienced and established firms advising agricultural cooperatives. Our attorneys have broad experience in virtually every aspect of the operation and management of agricultural cooperatives with particular focus on processors.
We provide our cooperative clients advice in the following areas:
- General Business Representation – Assistance with cooperative organization and operations, contract negotiation and drafting, real estate transactions, employment and labor issues, regulatory compliance and compliance with organizational formalities.
- Agribusiness Issues – Advising agricultural cooperative and their management team on regulating issues including environmental, food safety and similar regulations.
- Mergers and Acquisitions – The acquisition or disposition of companies, businesses and properties through mergers, stock transactions or asset purchase and sale agreements.
- Corporate Finance – Review and advise regarding all aspects of corporate finance and credit issues.
- Cooperative Corporate Governance – Advising cooperatives with regard to compliance with governing documents, policies and statutory directives.