Land Use, Zoning & Permitting
Halverson Northwest specializes in land use, zoning and permitting. We have extensive experience in virtually every aspect of land use permitting and entitlements. Our attorneys provide a creative and strategic approach in developing the appropriate environmental review and permitting strategy whether the project is a straight-forward short plat or regional wind farm facility. The practice has been diverse with planning, permitting and litigation experience.
We represent owners, developers and interest groups. Our representation has also included special use districts in municipal governments on both quasi-judicial and legislative planning.
Halverson Northwest has experience in the following:
- Zoning and permit processes
- State and local subdivision/platting applications
- Environmental review under SEPA/NEPA
- Conditional or unclassified uses
- Federal and state wetlands regulation
- Critical Area Ordinances
- Shoreline management applications
- Hydraulic permit applications
- Building permits
- Master use permits
- Dedications and exactions
- Transportation impact and analysis
Halverson Northwest also has extensive experience in litigation arising from or related to land use, zoning and permitting processes. Our experience includes:
- Administrative hearings before planning commissions, boards of adjustment, hearings examiner and local legislative bodies
- Land Use Petition Act (LUPA) appeals
- Appellate proceedings before Court of Appeals and Supreme Court
Administrative appeals to Growth Management Hearings Board (GMHB)
Halverson Northwest has also been an advocate of clients in the legislative planning process. Representation has included matters regarding review and revision of comprehensive plans and zoning ordinances, applications for amendment of comprehensive plans, and active involvement in legislative planning processes.